Maximizing Small Bathroom Vanity Space
For small bathrooms, making the most of your available space is very important. If you have multiple people using a small bathroom vanity everyday, reducing clutter and finding creative ways of getting more storage are very important.
- Position of the Vanity
- The position of your vanity is extremely important for a small bathroom. Many homeowners like to place their vanities along the walls or corners. This is ideal because it doesn't leave any extra gaps that might create wasted space in the room. Having a vanity on the corner of the bathroom allows you to put both a main mirror as well as a side mirror on both walls of the corner.
- Get a Wall Mounted Vanity
- These won’t eat up as much space as a full freestanding vanity. Many owners who have small bathrooms like wall mounted vanities because it opens up the view of the floor space. Sometimes, this will make the room look a lot bigger than it really is.
- Get a Linen Closet to make up for Lack of Storage
- Clutter can build up extremely quickly in a small bathroom. This is even more likely if you have a lot of people living in the house and all sharing the same bathroom. A linen closet lets you store all your things inside, hidden from view.
- Medicine cabinets are a very functional and aesthetically pleasing way of maximizing your small bathroom vanity space
- The reason for this is that it gives another function to your bathroom mirror. Having a medicine cabinet lets you hide all your small bathroom items such as dental floss, toothpaste, toothbrush and maybe first aid items behind the mirror.
- Install a Large Mirror above the Vanity
- Having a large bathroom mirror might create the illusion of a bigger bathroom. Having a bigger mirror also makes it more efficient for daily use.
- Clear your Counter of Clutter
- This might not seem as obvious but removing a lot of items will not only make your bathroom look cleaner, it will probably brighten up your day when you walk in during the morning.
- Utilize your Walls
- Think outside the box. You don't need to be restricted to simply adding more cabinets for storage. Installing towel racks, shelves and wall-mounted cabinets near your bathroom vanity are all great ways to free up walking space in your bathroom.
Like this Article? Pin it for later!